Sunday, December 21, 2008

Antivirus 360 featured in top PC magazines and antivirus certification labs!

No, we are not talking about Norton 360, which is a genuine security software. This is about Antivirus 360, one of the latest rogue security software (info here).

Now, gang responsible for Antivirus 360 has gone one step further! Their new site, http://anti-viruspcscanner.com (78.46.216.238), claims that Antivirus 360 has been rated as top antivirus solution by reputed websites like Computer Shopper, LAPTOP Magazine, PC Magazine, Computer Active, PC Advisor and CNET.



Apart from this, they also blatantly display Virus Bulletin, West Coast Labs Checkmark and ICSA Labs certifications, which are obviously fake!


All these fake recommendations and a deceptive name may lead an innocent PC user to download Antivirus 360 into his/her PC.


As per the site http://anti-viruspcscanner.com (78.46.216.238), the company responsible for Antivirus 360 is:
BOLZAR LIMITED Arch. Makariou III. 69. TLAIS TOWER. P.C. 1070. Nicosia, Cyprus.
Contact email: company@Antivirus360pro.com


And, it seems that BOLZAR LIMITED (http://bolzar.biz (216.195.62.169)) develops few other fake security software as well:
Antivirus Security - http://antivirussecurity-solution.com/ (89.149.255.191)
Antispyware32 - http://antispyware32.com/ (84.16.231.194)

VirusTotal scan result of Antivirus 360 is available here. An automated analysis of Antivirus 360 is available at ThreatExpert. Stay away from these rogues :)

9 Comments:

Blogger cdman83 said...

Given that the most recent Virus Bulletin conference was sponsored partly by a company with dubious past, there is nothing that can surprise me any more...

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I'm one of the newbies. I bought Antivirus 360 twodays ago. It hasen't worked but I have been charged for it! I still have viruses and don't know how to get rid of them.HELP!!! Please.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant get this shit off my computer!!!! av360 sucks ass!!!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Michelle Lobdell said...

the latest version of this maliscious malware is Spy Protect 2009 or Spyware Protect 2009. My husband paid $60.00 to Heliana Limited Inc., (which we are disputing) in order to get the computer running again; who knows what information they got access to. He's not computer literate and paid for this junk, then downloaded it. Scares me to death; we have changed all the passwords for every account we use on-line. I had to have two computers cleaned, and was running Trend Micro antiviral software when I was attacked. It was completely ineffective. It has cost over $300.00 to get my computers back to usable, and I am installing all new anitviral/spyware software. I wish eternal damnation on the #$@*%'s who proliferate this stuff.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also bought the antivirus 360 they took the money out of my account and still are I have no way of contacting them, and the email is a joke it wouldn't send it to them.

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is my first computer and this company has been a big problem for me and my internet security company verizon, i almost fell for the purchase, activate in order to deactivate scheme, but it didn't and i have been trying to get a telephone number for this company to date. good luck to all othr potential victims.

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a victim of this antivirus 360 it messed my computer up too. they took more money than what the add had said an they don't care that we work hard for our money an then they scam us. i have no contact with them either.an if someone knows how let all us victims know.

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never bougth the antivirus 360 but any way I don't now how htey took 99.00 dlls of my account and still are I have no way of contacting them. I call to 1(530) 852-8472)794-8837 and 1(408)844-4846. They never answer.

12:37 AM  
Blogger mal124 said...

Contact and file a complaint with the internet crime complaint center.

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home